Franklin TN Dentist
The joke every Halloween is that your friendly neighborhood dentist hands out either toothbrushes, floss, or referral cards, right? Well, there’s a way to still have fun on Halloween without going too deep into sugar overload, and we’re here to help!
We’ve got a list of Halloween treats you can pass out to trick-or-treaters that are teeth-friendly while still being fun. No toothbrushes allowed!
Before we get to the list of dental-friendly treats, let’s look at some that you may want to avoid. The following items tend to interact with your pearly whites for longer periods of time – leaving them vulnerable to decay.
Halloween Treats That’ll Drive your Dentist Batty
- Lollipops – A lolly pressed against your teeth for all that time is a recipe for cavities.
- Bubble gum – If you must, go with sugar-free (but see our note below!)
- Caramel – You might as well have a lump of sugar plastered to your tooth!
- Gummy candy (especially the sour ones) – The acid in these wears down your enamel.
Fear not, though! Here are some teeth-friendly treats that are kind to your teeth.
Great Alternatives for the Candy Bowl
- Chocolate – Chocolate-lovers rejoice! Chocolate tends to rinse more quickly off teeth than the sticky/gummy stuff. Plus, dark chocolate has antioxidants and fiber!
- Individually-wrapped snacks – Think crackers, pretzels, even pureed fruit pouches. You can usually find these in bulk. If you don’t get too many trick-or-treaters this year, at least you’ll have some snacks stocked up!
- Gums, candies, and lollipops made with sugar-alternatives (not artificial sweeteners) – Glee Gum, treats made with stevia, and Zollipops are just a few we found.
- Mini bottles of water – Trick-or-treaters and their parents will thank you for providing hydration for their adventures!
- Dollar store trinkets (not quite edible but still a treat!) – Spooky spider rings, mini Slinkies, bouncy balls. Kids will get excited when they take a “prize” that stands out from all the other trick-or-treat swag.
There you have it: An easy way to make this Halloween a little less cavity-inducing. Enjoy!
Taylor Made Smiles is excited to announce that we are going to have Summer Hours available to you!
We have added times to allow for appointments before work and even through lunch!
Our hopes are that we can keep you moving through your busy day! Call us today and we can find the best time for your appointment!
Call Today! 615.595.8585
So we just finished up another amazing transformation and we can’t post the before and after together… Here they are! Please contact our office and we would love to discuss how we can transform your smile also!
February is National Children’s Dental Health Month! Don’t forget to get them involved in your new health routine as well. By their second birthday they should see a dental professional for a healthy check-up and introduction to good oral hygiene. Help them make nutritious snack and drink choices over sugary ones. Establishing good habits now will make for better experiences in the future!
For more information, visit ada.org/nchm.
We can hardly believe it but it has been 10 years since Dr. Missy has been practicing at Taylor Made Smiles and we could not be more excited!!! We are redecorating the front office area and will be running some 10 year anniversary specials in the month of June! Stay Tuned!
Call Today! 615.595.8585